Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
The Thunder has signed veteran point guard Kevin Ollie.Terms of the deal are unclear, but the contract likely is a one-year deal for the 36-year-old journeyman. The veteran’s minimum in 2009-10 for a player with 10-plus years of experience is $1,306,455. “We are excited to welcome Kevin Ollie to Oklahoma City,” said Thunder general manager Sam Presti through a statement. “He brings experience, leadership and professionalism to our team as we continue to develop our roster on and off the floor.” Ollie is entering his 13th NBA season and has career averages of 3.8 points, 2.3 assists and 1.6 rebounds in 15.8 minutes per game. He spent last season in Minnesota, where he played 50 games for the Timberwolves and averaged 4.0 points, 2.3 assists and 1.5 rebounds in 17 minutes per game. Ollie’s best season came in 2002-03 in Milwaukee and Seattle. While playing all 82 games, he averaged 6.5 points, 3.5 assists and 2.2 rebounds in 23.1 minutes. Ollie has also played for Dallas, Orlando, Sacramento, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Chicago, Indiana, and Cleveland. With the Thunder he likely will serve as a third string guard behind Russell Westbrook and Shaun Livingston and add another experienced veteran to help mentor one of the youngest rosters in the NBA. The move brings the Thunder’s roster to 14 guaranteed players, indicating Oklahoma City could be done acquiring players this off-season. Under NBA rules teams can carry 15 players on their rosters but having an open spot during the season is an asset for teams looking to make trades or sign a player in the event of rampant injuries.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law