Oklahoma City Thunder stumbles against Atlanta Hawks
Al Horford had 23 points and 12 rebounds, Lou Williams added 10 of his 19 points during Atlanta's decisive fourth-quarter surge and the Hawks beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 104-95 on Sunday night.
Videoview all videos
Nov 4Kevin Martin scores 28 points off the bench, but the...
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Adding to the OKC mess were 21 turnovers that the Hawks turned into 31 points, but it was at the other end of the floor where Brooks was most upset.
“Really it's not about our offense, even with our turnovers,” Brooks said. “We nearly gave up three quarters of 30 points and that's something that we pride ourselves on. We are a defensive team and 30, 29 and 28 is not good enough for us.”
The Hawks got 23 points and 12 rebounds from center Al Horford, point guard Jeff Teague had 16 points (7 for 12 from the field), five assists and three steals, plus Lou Williams added 19 points off the bench.
“On the defensive end, we've got to play harder,” Durant said.
The Thunder returns to practice Monday and hosts Toronto on Tuesday.
“We still have to figure some things out, and we will,” Brooks said. “We always seem to do that on the practice floor. We have some time. We've got a lot of games at home and a lot of games this month.
“We know there's a lot of work to be done. That area has not changed and they're not surprised by it. We still have a lot of work to get done. After three games, I don't know if we need a wake-up call ... we just lost the game.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims