Oklahoma City too warm to rank among America's coldest cities
Oklahoma City is cold this time of year, but it isn’t as chilly as other cities.
According to Wunderground.com, Oklahoma City doesn’t even rank in the top five coldest cities in the U.S. But if you’re curious, here’s a look at the frigid five and their average annual temperatures.
1. Barrow, Alaska 11.7 degrees
2. Leadville, Colorado 35 degrees
3. International Falls, Minnesota 37.8 degrees
4. Jackson, Wyoming 39.4 degrees
5. Caribou, Maine 39.7 degrees
So far this year, the statewide average high temperature, as measured by the Oklahoma Mesonet, has been 48.1 degrees, 0.9 degrees above normal.
Gary McManus, of the Oklahoma Climatological Survey said the statewide average low has been 27.1 degrees, 3.3 degrees above normal.
The average annual temperature for Oklahoma City is 61.5 degrees.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in