Oklahoma City University golfer wins amateur title
BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (AP) — An Oklahoma City University golfer has captured the Oklahoma Golf Association State Amateur Championship title.
Cameron Meyers beat Nick Lees 2-up Thursday at Meadowbrook Country Club in Broken Arrow.
The Edmond sophomore overcame a two-hole deficit to beat Lees, a former Maryville, Mo., golfer, in the match-play tournament. Meyers defeated Oral Roberts' Bryan Boaz 4 and 2 earlier in the semifinals.
Meyers birdied the par-5, 507-yard No. 17 hole, then made par on the par-4, 458-yard 18th. Lees finished with a par and a bogey.
Oklahoma City University won consecutive NAIA men's golf championships from 2001 to 2004, and captured the title again in 2006, 2007 and 2010.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims