Oklahoma City University locked down briefly after shooting suspect hides in campus building
Oklahoma City police said a witness to a shooting at a northwest Oklahoma City apartment complex followed a man into a building at Oklahoma City University.
Oklahoma City University was locked down briefly Sunday afternoon after a shooting suspect ran into a campus building, police said.
The suspect, whose name was not released, was arrested after police surrounded the building at NW 27 and Florida and then found him hiding inside, Oklahoma City police Capt. Dee Patty said.
Patty said officers responded to a shooting about 3:45 p.m. at Westview Apartments, 1601 NW 30. A witness followed the suspect after he ran into the building a few blocks away. A gun was found along the path the suspect ran, Patty said.
The shooting victim, whose name was not released, was treated for a minor gunshot wound at OU Medical Center, Patty said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims