Oklahoma City University locked down briefly after shooting suspect hides in campus building
Oklahoma City police said a witness to a shooting at a northwest Oklahoma City apartment complex followed a man into a building at Oklahoma City University.
Oklahoma City University was locked down briefly Sunday afternoon after a shooting suspect ran into a campus building, police said.
The suspect, whose name was not released, was arrested after police surrounded the building at NW 27 and Florida and then found him hiding inside, Oklahoma City police Capt. Dee Patty said.
Patty said officers responded to a shooting about 3:45 p.m. at Westview Apartments, 1601 NW 30. A witness followed the suspect after he ran into the building a few blocks away. A gun was found along the path the suspect ran, Patty said.
The shooting victim, whose name was not released, was treated for a minor gunshot wound at OU Medical Center, Patty said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims