Oklahoma City woman accused of violating protective order boasted about stealing kids
A warrant is issued for Cynthia D. Turner, 42, of Oklahoma City, who is facing charges in several pending cases of telephone harassment and child stealing.
Detective Jeff Padgett saw a comment posted on the social media site by Turner in late August that said, “I'm going to steal them back this week and then we are going to canoe to the Seychelles,” a group of islands off the coast of Africa.
That post was later followed by another that said, “I can't go to prison if I'm in another country,” the detective reported.
Last month, Turner posted a photo of herself wearing a hat and sunglasses with a caption that reads, “Modern Day Kidnapper in Disguise,” Padgett wrote in the affidavit.
Turner was arrested Jan. 4 on an outstanding warrant when she appeared in court for a guardianship hearing. Turner's mother petitioned for temporary guardianship after the children's father died, saying she did not want the children returned to their mother, police said.
Following the hearing, the details of which were sealed, Turner was led away in handcuffs, crying.
“They wouldn't even listen to me,” she said.
When asked about messages she is accused of leaving on her mother's phone, Turner said, “Yeah, I cussed her out, but they took my kids and wouldn't tell me where they were.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law