Oklahoma City woman attends inaugural festivities
Sylvia P.M. Driggins, of Oklahoma City, attended the inauguration festivities for President Barack Obama.
An Oklahoma City woman recently attended the inauguration festivities for President Barack Obama.
Sylvia P.M. Driggins served as an inaugural volunteer and helped with meeting dignitaries, communication and flag distribution. According to provided information, Driggins also served on Obama's campaign team through MoveOn.org.
Driggins received a centennial humanitarian award in 2007 from the state Legislature to recognize her volunteer dedication to children and the arts through her organization, the State of Excellence.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena