Oklahoma City woman wanted on prostitution warrant arrested in animal cruelty case
An Oklahoma City man told police Kammie Bernice Lindsey, 25, slammed his pet Chihuahua onto the floor. Lindsey was arrested on an animal cruelty complaint.
An Oklahoma City woman was jailed on an animal cruelty complaint after a man reported his Chihuahua was slammed onto the floor.
Police responded about 9:35 a.m. Sunday to a home at 2209 SW 62 following reports of a disturbance. They found a man holding a woman down and a Chihuahua lying on the floor. The pet was whimpering and wasn't moving from the neck down, according to a police incident report.
The man told police he held the woman down after she slammed the dog onto the floor following an argument.
Oklahoma City animal welfare officers responded and took the animal to an emergency veterinary hospital.
Officers arrested Kammie Bernice Lindsey, 25, on an animal cruelty complaint and an outstanding Oklahoma County warrant for offering to engage in prostitution, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in