Oklahoma City Zoo can fulfill animals' Christmas wishes
The Oklahoma City Zoo has kicked off its Wild Wish List campaign aimed at offering the public a chance to donate enrichment items to their favorite zoo animals.
All items are researched and approved by the veterinary staff.
“The keepers come up with the ideas, and then we make sure each item is healthy and safe,” Hahn said.
Those who want to donate, but can't make it to the zoo to pick out an ornament can help through amazon.com and search for Oklahoma City Zoo. Or, they can go to www.okczoo.com for a direct link. Items on the amazon.com list will be left there all year long.
Zoo spokeswoman Tara Henson said the zoo has a budget for enrichment items but donations from the public help the zoo stretch its resources.
“It's an opportunity for the community to get involved,” Henson said. “People donate often because a particular animal means something to them, and their donated items allows us to use funds elsewhere to benefit the animals.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday