Oklahoma City's Gulfport Energy adds to holdings
Gulfport Energy Corp. has agreed to buy 22,000 net acres in the Utica Shale of eastern Ohio from Windsor Ohio LLC for about $220 million.
Gulfport adds acreage
Gulfport Energy Corp. has agreed to buy 22,000 net acres in the Utica Shale of eastern Ohio from Windsor Ohio LLC for about $220 million. The deal, which is expected to close by the end of February, increases Gulfport's holding in the area to 128,000 net acres. The Oklahoma City energy company said Monday it expects to produce about 21,000 to 22,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Also on Monday, Gulfport said it has begun a public offering of 7.75 million shares of common stock. At Monday's closing price of $38.68 a share, the offering would raise nearly $300 million. Gulfport said it will use proceeds from the offering to pay for the Utica Shale purchase and for general corporate purposes.
From Staff Reports
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad