Oklahoma City's Perkins undergoes procedure
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma City Thunder says center Kendrick Perkins has undergone a successful procedure on his right groin.
Officials said Thursday Perkins is expected to miss four weeks to six weeks before returning to normal off-season activities. Team officials provided no other details.
This past season, Perkins played in 65 games for the Thunder and recorded averages of 5.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.12 blocks in 26.8 minutes per game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes