Oklahoma City's Twitter community reacts to Chesapeake CEO Aubrey McClendon's announcement
People used Twitter on Tuesday to post opinions concerning Chesapeake Energy CEO Aubrey McClendon's announcement about leaving the company.
@stevelackmeyer Chesapeake may survive with the change. It's a good thing.
Brandon Rush @BrandonRush
@stevelackmeyer shocked it took this long
Andy Mahbubani @andymahbubani
@stevelackmeyer Speechless. Personally, this can't be good for OKC.
Peter Fulmer @askpeterfulmer
@stevelackmeyer He was getting pinched from all sides. Maybe a Jobs type deal. Hide for a while, let Icahn go away & return.
Carmen Mathews @1rayasunshine
@stevelackmeyer not really surprised, but I think they will be fine in the long run.
Taylor Currie @tcurrie72
@stevelackmeyer Oklahoma City is a much better place because of Aubrey McClendon. There are many companies and nonprofits worried.
Jennifer McClintock @jeninthe405
@stevelackmeyer A bit surprised by the timing but not overly “shocked” given what the past 2 years have wrought.
Chad Bianco @cbianco79
@stevelackmeyer He may be done with CHK, but he's not done. I'm excited to see his next move.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures