Oklahoma County district attorney, defense attorney clashed during Ersland trial
Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater and defense attorney Joe Brett Reynolds were on opposite sides of the highly emotional murder case involving former pharmacist Jerome Ersland, about the same time allegations about Prater's 2006 election victory party were first made.
Prosecutor, defense attorney clashed during Ersland trial
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater and defense attorney Joe Brett Reynolds were on opposite sides of the highly emotional murder case involving former pharmacist Jerome Ersland.
The accusations about Prater and his 2006 victory party began surfacing the month before Ersland's trial began last May. Prater has called the accusations “an attempt to discredit me and my office right before the trial.”
Ersland was convicted at the trial of first-degree murder for fatally shooting a wounded robber inside a south Oklahoma City drugstore. Reynolds was one of four attorneys who defended Ersland at trial.
In one tense pretrial hearing, Reynolds was overheard saying to Prater, “Let's have it, buddy.”
Prater last year banned Reynolds from coming into the district attorney's office. The ban still stands. Prater said Reynolds mistreated an assistant district attorney.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort