Share “Oklahoma County hands over personnel files...”

Oklahoma County hands over personnel files to plaintiffs in federal lawsuit

Names redacted from disciplinary records of current Oklahoma County employees and officials embroiled in an age discrimination lawsuit filed by several former District 2 employees in 2010
BY ZEKE CAMPFIELD zcampfield@opubco.com Published: May 5, 2012
Advertisement

The Oklahoma County district attorney's office Friday handed over the personnel files of several current county employees and officials embroiled in a federal age discrimination lawsuit.

The county agreed to provide disciplinary records for eight current county employees, as well as District 2 Commissioner Brian Maughan and the county's human resources director, Dan Matthews, during a conference earlier in the week.

The eight employees represent the replacements for eight former employees who claim they were unlawfully fired by Maughan in 2010.

Maughan and Matthews — as well as Maughan's chief deputy, Steve Satterwhite, and the Oklahoma County Board of Commissioners — are each named as defendants in the suit.

The agreement was reached a day before a U.S. District Court judge was expected to rule on the plaintiffs' motion to compel the county to release the document. The county initially rejected the plaintiffs' request.

Attorney Joshua Stockton, who represents the eight former employees, said names were redacted from each of the disciplinary records. Stockton said performance records were also requested for each of the current employees and officials, but that none were found to be in existence.

He also said it was unclear whether or not a personnel file was kept for Maughan, who was elected in 2008.

The former employees, all of whom worked for District 2, filed the lawsuit in 2010 following an investigation into the alleged misuse of county property.

Continue reading this story on the...

NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.