Oklahoma County jail inmate's death is ruled a homicide
Artie Hales, 55, was found injured about 5:40 p.m. Monday in the Oklahoma County jail. The state medical examiner has ruled Hales' death a homicide.
The state medical examiner has ruled the death of an Oklahoma County jail inmate was a homicide.
Artie Hales, 55, was found beaten about 5:40 p.m. Monday on the jail's 10th floor. He was pronounced dead when emergency personnel arrived, Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said.
His body had multiple areas of blunt force trauma, Brown said.
Agents continue to investigate his death. No arrests have been made.
Hales, a transient, was jailed March 11 on multiple misdemeanor complaints, including littering, disorderly conduct and failure to appear.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad