Oklahoma County sheriff's race candidates
Oklahoma County sheriff's race
John Whetsel (incumbent)
NewsOK Related Articles
Profession: Oklahoma County sheriff since 1997
Family: Wife, Mitzi; Two daughters and three grandchildren
Church: St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Edmond
Endorsements: Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office Fraternal Order of Police; Oklahoma City Firefighters Fraternal Order of Police; Oklahoma Retired Firefighters Association; Retired Police Officers Association of Oklahoma; Six of seven remaining elected county officers, including District Attorney David Prater; former District Attorneys Wes Lane, Andy Coats and James Harrod; former Governors Brad Henry and Frank Keating.
Residence: Midwest City
Profession: U.S. Marshals Service, contract security officer
Family: Wife, Lynn; Five children, 10 grandchildren
Church: First Southern Baptist Church, Del City
Endorsements: United States Court Security Officers Union; Choctaw Fraternal Order of Police
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad