Oklahoma couple finds each other, love at living center
When things seemed they couldn't get worse, fate dealt Cecil Goodrum an unexpected hand: He found his true love.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
“This is definitely a unique situation and a very sweet one,” Wylie said in a news release. “Our Grace team enjoyed helping out, and it was a thrill for all of us to see them married and so happy.”
A new family
Cecil Goodrum now has a whole new family that approves of the marriage and especially appreciates the way he takes care of his new wife. He dotes on her, making sure she has anything she needs. Even Polly's snobby cat, who came to live with her at Grace, took an instant liking to her new husband.
“We both feel that God brought us together,” Cecil Goodrum said, his arm wrapped tightly around his wife's shoulders. “She's not only my wife now, she's my best friend. She's my everything. She's my whole life.”
Though she doesn't speak much because of a stroke, there's no mistaking the obvious joy Polly Goodrum feels when she beams at her new husband.
The Goodrums share their love story to inspire hope for the future in people who may have lost theirs.
“Never give up on love. There's always that special someone out there for everybody,” Cecil Goodrum said.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman