Oklahoma crime briefs for Feb. 13, 2013
Oklahoma crime briefs: Feb. 13, 2013
Man to be tried
in death of wife
A Broken Bow man will stand trial in the disappearance and death of his wife almost 11 years ago, McCurtain County District Attorney Mark Matloff said. Jerry Meek, 39, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Hope Meek. Matloff said 18 witnesses testified during Meek's three-day preliminary hearing, which concluded Thursday. Hope Meek was 25 when she disappeared and was reported missing by her husband. The couple had two children, and she had a third child by a previous marriage, Matloff said. The oldest child is now 17. Matloff said officials think the victim was killed Feb. 21, 2002, after a domestic disturbance. Meek is free on $250,000 bail, records show.
FOR THE OKLAHOMAN
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments