Oklahoma crime briefs for Jan. 24
Oklahoma crime briefs, Jan. 24
Reward set in shooting death
The family of a slain pregnant woman is seeking help from the public to bring her killer to justice. Amber Stokke, 22, was shot and killed in her car just outside her home in The Village nearly two weeks ago. Police said they have no new leads or suspects. A witness told police two black males were involved — one shot Stokke, and the other watched and fled with the shooter. Stokke's family is offering $5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the Jan. 10 shooting.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Son sought in beating death
A man is in custody in connection with the death of a 56-year-old Tulsa woman, and police say they are looking for the victim's 17-year-old son as a second suspect. Officer Jillian Roberson said Josiah Sklar, 19, was arrested early Wednesday in connection with the death of Linda Laird. Relatives found Laird's body in her house Tuesday morning. Sklar told investigators he was inside Linda Laird's house when Hank Laird beat his mother with the butt of a shotgun, police said. Sklar sought no medical attention for the woman. He is being held on suspicion of first-degree murder in her death.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort