Oklahoma Democrats face tough chore in attracting support
NewsOK Related Articles
Nationally, the Republicans' challenge is to broaden their appeal to minorities, women and younger voters without driving out crucial elements of their base. In Oklahoma, the Democrats' challenge may be to transition into a more liberal, urban party without repelling suburban voters or severing all ties with rural voters.
In politics, voter preferences are never set in stone; the only constant is change. Given Oklahoma's dramatic political shift over the past decade, Republicans have no reason for hubris or complacency, just as national Democrats can't assume their 2012 presidential victory is any guarantor of future national success.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort