DHS cash payment options
A variety of programs under the Department of Human Services and other state agencies utilize cash payments to give recipients their benefits. Recipients have two options: direct deposit or a Debit MasterCard issued by a third-party vendor.
• SNAP (formerly food stamps) and child care: Debit MasterCard can only be utilized at authorized food retailers or service providers and cannot be used for cash withdrawals.
• Adoption subsidy
• Aid to aged, blind or disabled (AABD)
• Child support: collected on behalf of clients by DHS and passed directly through to recipients.
• Foster care
• Sales tax rebates
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
• 308,000 individuals receive funds monthly through direct deposit or debit card
• The debit card service costs the state nothing and saves an estimated $5 million annually in printing and distributing paper checks.
Source: Oklahoma Department of Human Services