At a glance
Districts receive grant funds
The state Board of Education awarded $600,000 in grants to schools across the state for a program called Advancement Via Individual Determination, or AVID. The college-readiness program encourages students to pursue advanced coursework. Ten Oklahoma schools will each receive $60,000, and most of it will be used for professional development, state officials said. Oklahoma now has 14 school districts participating in the AVID program.
• Ada High School in Pontotoc County.
• Choctaw High School in Oklahoma County.
• Dove Science Academy in Tulsa County.
• Mayfield Middle School, Putnam City Schools, in Oklahoma County.
• Millwood High School in Oklahoma County.
• Norman High School in Cleveland County.
• Norman North High School in Cleveland County.
• Stidham Elementary School in McIntosh County.
• Thackerville High School in Love County.
• Wilson High School in Carter County.
CARRIE COPPERNOLL, STAFF WRITER