Oklahoma Education Department offers robotics grants
The Oklahoma Department of Education is accepting applications for $100,000 in grants for robotics teams.
The state Department of Education is accepting applications for $100,000 in grants for state robotics teams.
Grants can be used for FIRST Lego League, FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Competition teams. Money can be spent on registration, equipment or other necessities.
The amount of money awarded to teams depends on the age of participants, the years teams have existed and how many applications are received. Grants can be up to $5,000.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. Sept. 24. Winners will be announced in November, and funds will be distributed in December.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or delivered to Jeff Downs, Executive Director of STEM, Oklahoma state Department of Education, 2500 N Lincoln, Suite 315, Oklahoma City, OK 73105.
For applications or more information, go to www.ok.gov/sde, call 521-2107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims