Oklahoma education news briefs
Oklahoma education news briefs for March 5
Applications are available for a new Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation leadership program for high school students called Teen Leaders in Philanthropy. Students will meet philanthropic leaders and learn how nonprofit organizations affect their communities. The group will meet monthly September through May 2014. The program is open to Oklahoma students who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors in the 2013-14 school year. No more than three students from the same school will be admitted the same year. Participation will count as service hours at most schools. Applications are due Sunday. For more information or to apply, call 271-7400 or go to www.omrf.org/teen.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?