Oklahoma education officials need refresher on open meeting rules
BY the time the state Board of Education meets again next month, the least board members and state schools Superintendent Janet Barresi can do is better familiarize themselves with Oklahoma's open meeting laws.
There is no good excuse for the department and the board's failure to follow the letter and spirit of the law. We're sure the attorney general's office will be glad to help make sure they don't repeat that mistake.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say