Oklahoma educators look to improve A-F grading system next year
The state Board of Education heard final results of district letter grades under the new school assessment system the state Education Department unveiled this year.
Photoview all 9 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Schools received individual grades in October, and district-level grades were released this month. The state also received its grade — a C.
“This is the diagnosis,” McBee said. “The most important thing is what happens next.”
How they fared
Oklahoma schools received a C overall in reading, according to the statewide assessment. Schools received an A in science and a B in math, writing and social studies.
Statewide, schools struggle with helping the bottom 25 percent of students catch up, according to the assessment. The state as a whole earned a D in that category.
“We didn't show the growth we'd like to see,” McBee said. “That's definitely an area of focus for our state.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments