Oklahoma educators look to improve A-F grading system next year
The state Board of Education heard final results of district letter grades under the new school assessment system the state Education Department unveiled this year.
Photoview all 9 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Schools received individual grades in October, and district-level grades were released this month. The state also received its grade — a C.
“This is the diagnosis,” McBee said. “The most important thing is what happens next.”
How they fared
Oklahoma schools received a C overall in reading, according to the statewide assessment. Schools received an A in science and a B in math, writing and social studies.
Statewide, schools struggle with helping the bottom 25 percent of students catch up, according to the assessment. The state as a whole earned a D in that category.
“We didn't show the growth we'd like to see,” McBee said. “That's definitely an area of focus for our state.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction