Oklahoma employment number sets record in May
The number of employed Oklahomans reach an all-time high in May as the state’s unemployment rate dipped to 4.8 percent.
The number of Oklahomans with jobs set a record in May at 1.7 million as the state’s unemployment rate fell to 4.8 percent, according to figures released Friday.
The jobless rate declined 0.2 percentage points from the 5 percent rate of April, and is down 1.1 percentage points in the past year, the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission reported....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena