Oklahoma Ethics Commission hires general counsel
The assistant general counsel for the Oklahoma Bar Association will join the state agency.
Maddox said she was attracted to the Ethics Commission post because she hopes to be able to improve transparency and accountability.
“I hope that this office can put together the message that insists on accountability but also balances it with fairness,” she said. “It's very easy to make accusations against anybody.”
Lee Slater, hired earlier this month as the agency's executive director, starts his new duties Friday.
The two recent hires increase the number of employees in the office to four. It is authorized to have six. Pettigrew said the position of investigator, which has been vacant since November, will not be immediately filled. Maddox will handle investigations, she said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins