Oklahoma Ethics Commission narrows field of applicants
The Oklahoma Ethics Commission plans to interview four finalists later this month for the position of executive director.
NewsOK Related Articles
It's possible an unsuccessful applicant for executive director might also be considered for the general counsel post, she said.
A large majority of applicants for both positions was from Oklahoma, Pettigrew said.
She said commissioners were pleased with the applicants for the agency, which writes civil penalty rules governing state campaigns and the conduct of state officers and employees.
“Absolutely outstanding people,” Pettigrew said. “We're very comfortable with the ones we selected.”
Hughes' annual salary is $120,000, and Adams' annual pay is $112,500. Commissioners earlier set the pay range for executive director at $100,000 to $120,000 annually; the general counsel post's pay range was set at $92,500 to $112,500.
The agency likely will be down to two employees Dec. 1. Its longtime investigator, Darey Roberts, is retiring Nov. 30.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort