Oklahoma ex-teacher seeks new venue for trial
NewsOK Related Articles
“There was so much publicity, so that would be our request. I don't know if Tulsa would be a good venue, somewhere like that,” Webb said.
Some of the students testified at a preliminary hearing that Crain took photos of them in her classroom in McLoud and during a pizza party at her home while they were wearing tank tops and underwear.
Several of the students said Crain told them not to tell their parents what they had done. A 10-year-old girl said she reported what had happened to her parents and that her mother cried.
Crain resigned in November 2011 after the allegations were revealed. Doby, who retired in 2008 as professor of early childhood development at Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania, was arrested in December at his home in Pennsylvania and extradited to Oklahoma to face the charges.
Prosecutors say the two met during the 1980s when Crain was a student and Doby a professor at Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee.
Both face up to life in prison if convicted.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims