Oklahoma executes man for 1993 shootings
George Ochoa, 38, was given an injection of lethal drugs at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary at McAlester. He was pronounced dead at 6:07 p.m.
Torres, a Mexican citizen, was also convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death in the shootings, but his sentence was reduced by then-Gov. Brad Henry in 2004. Henry imposed a sentence of life without parole after Mexican government officials raised concerns that Torres was not given a chance to speak with the Mexican consulate after being accused, as required by international conventions.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims