Oklahoma flu deaths quadruple in one week
State Health Department reports eight Oklahomans have died from the flu this season, up from two last week.
Eight Oklahomans have died because of complications from the flu this season, the state Health Department reported Thursday morning.
The Health Department's weekly flu report shows a sharp increase in the number of flu deaths reported — up from two last week.
Videoview all videos
Jan 10State Health Department reports eight Oklahomans have...
Photoview all 6 photos
The report shows 92 people statewide were hospitalized due to the flu in the past week. During the current flu season, 345 hospitalizations have been reported.
Oklahoma's flu season typically peaks in January or February, health officials said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers