Oklahoma football: Aaron Colvin, Sooners defense step up in victory
Aaron Colvin felt like he had to make a big play against Texas Tech. And he did just that when he leaped into the air and snagged his first-career interception during Oklahoma's 41-20 defeat of Texas Tech.
LUBBOCK, Texas — Aaron Colvin felt like he had to make a big play against Texas Tech.
And he did just that when he leaped into the air and snagged his first-career interception during Oklahoma's 41-20 defeat of Texas Tech.
Videoview all videos
Oct 7OU avenged last season's shocking loss, as Landry Jones...
Oct 12The Sooners get a big win in Lubbock, Berry and Jason...
Photoview all 53 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The interception was more than just a stopping of momentum for the Red Raiders, more than a good defensive read, more than a three-star corner making a play. It was revenge.
Colvin called the game a must-win. And he wasn't talking about the Sooners possibly starting 0-2 in conference play.
It was more about hearing Oklahoma fans ask what had happened to the Sooners' defense.
It was about disrespect from what Texas Tech did to Oklahoma in 2011.
“We pride ourselves on playing hard every play, and not letting the same result happen that happened last year,” Colvin said. “We got kind of disrespected in our own house.”
After Saturday night's victory, Colvin ranks third in total tackles for the Sooners this season. He's one of two with interceptions along with Javon Harris and he's the first this season invited into a post-game press conference to sit side-by-side with quarterback Landry Jones. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops called him “special” and “a real player."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures