After Blake Bell's TD run gave the Sooners a 20-2 lead: “If you're a Sooner fan, you got to be back happy with the way the Belldozer is mulching today.”
* One of ABC's few mistakes came when a man on the OU sidelines was misidentified as former Sooner quarterback Steve Davis, whose OU quarterback victory record was broken by Jones on Saturday. However, they corrected the mistake and sideline reporter Holly Rowe interviewed Davis.
* Blackledge, a former Penn State quarterback, said during pregame workouts he hugged OU receiver Justin Brown, who transferred to OU from Penn State this summer. He said Brown asked him, “You don't hate me, do you?” Blackledge said, “No, bro, I'm happy for you.”
* Blackledge said he expected that OU was developing a jump pass in the Belldozer formation, similar to what Tim Tebow did as Florida quarterback.
* FSN named OSU quarterback J.W. Walsh its player of the game as OSU held off Kansas, 20-14. “In only his second collegiate start, he jump-started their sluggish offense in the second quarter,” analyst Brian Baldinger said. As the Jayhawks drove for a possible winning touchdown, he noted, “It looks to me like Kansas is winning the line of scrimmage.”
* Notre Dame survived to defeat Stanford on a goal-line stand in overtime, setting up a likely prime-time showdown at Oklahoma on Oct. 27. “It was a goal-line stand for the ages,” NBC announcer Tom Hammond said. “It even had to go to the replay booth and it was a close call.”
* On ESPN's “College GameDay,” guest picker Vince Vaughn and analysts Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit all picked the Sooners over the Longhorns.