Oklahoma football: Bill Bedenbaugh says move to Oklahoma was a 'no-brainer'
Aside from opportunity to coach at OU, Bedenbaugh's wife has family in the Sooner state.
Videoview all videos
Feb 18Bedenbaugh officially joined Oklahoma's football staff as...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“His track record of developing physical and disciplined offensive linemen makes him an excellent fit for our program,” Stoops said. “Bill is also an accomplished recruiter who will join the rest of our staff in continuing to attract some of the nation's most talented student-athletes to Oklahoma.”
Bedenbaugh was named one of America's top-50 recruiters earlier this month by 247Sports.com.
“He's just a very genuine person; he's honest,” Connor said. “If I was a high-school athlete or a parent of a high-school athlete, that would resonate pretty well with me.”
In an interview with Sooner Sports TV posted online Sunday, Bedenbaugh cited his wife's family as one of the reasons accepting the job was a “no-brainer.”
“When Coach Stoops made the call, it was an easy decision, really,” Bedenbaugh said.
“In coaching, as everyone knows, you move around. You very rarely get the opportunity that I've just been presented. ... My wife gets to come home to her family; I get to coach at Oklahoma. It doesn't get any better than that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims