Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops dismisses rumors about Tennessee vacancy
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops dismissed rumors coming out of Tennessee that he is a candidate to be the next coach at the University of Tennessee.
"Me? Really? I like my job," Stoops said Monday. "No. I love my job. I'll try to keep it another year."
It's become almost a yearly tradition for Stoops to answer questions about job openings around the country. Derek Dooley was fired as the Volunteers coach on Nov. 18.
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey and Stephanie Kuzydym provided live coverage of Stoops' weekly press conference on Monday via Twitter. The press conference followed OU's 51-48 win over OSU. OU takes on TCU in Ft. Worth on Saturday. Kickoff has been set for 11 a.m.
Here's a recap of Stoops' comments.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients