Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops: No challenge to score rushing TD issued
Through seven 2012 games, Notre Dame's defense hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown.
“That's just unbelievable, but give them all the credit; they're really tough inside,” said junior center Gabe Ikard. “It's just another challenge we'll have to face.”
Videoview all videos
Oct 25Which team has the better defense? The better fight song?
Oct 25Jason Kersey provides analysis of the Sooners' offense vs...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Asked if he'd issued any kind of challenge to his team regarding the Irish's zero rushing scores allowed, coach Bob Stoops said he hasn't, adding that he views this game no differently than all others.
“We try and make (rushing touchdowns) every week; why would this week be different?” Stoops responded.
The Sooners have scored 20 rushing touchdowns so far this season, and they've come in many forms. Junior running back Damien Williams has scored on runs of 65, 89 and 95 yards, while backup quarterback Blake Bell has scored eight times out of the Belldozer package.
“You just hit him,” star Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o responded when asked about the Belldozer this week.
“At the end of the day, you bring 'em to the ground, so not anything different. He runs the same as anybody else. Obviously he's bigger than normal running backs, but it's football, you know, it's nothing different.”
JOHNSON: THIN O-LINE IS FAMILY
Oklahoma's offensive line, while thin, has played well, and especially over the past three games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater