Oklahoma football: Receiver transfer Jalen Saunders' eligibility waiver denied
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey, Stephanie Kuzydym and Anthony Slater are providing live coverage of Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops' press conference. It follows OU's 24-7 win over UTEP on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012. OU takes on Florida A&M on Saturday in Norman.
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said Monday the NCAA has denied Fresno State wide receiver transfer Jalen Saunders' appeal for eligibility.
Saunders had asked the NCAA to waive its requirement that transfers sit out a season. OU assistant coach Jay Norvell has said the request related to personal, off-the-field issues.
Stoops also said suspended tight end Geneo Grissom will return to action for the Sooners this week. Grissom missed the Sooners' 24-7 season-opening win vs. UTEP on Saturday. Here is a look at what else Stoops had to say Monday as he addressed the media ahead of the Sooners' Saturday home opener vs. Florida A&M:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Sep 4Ou beat writer Jason Kersey highlights OU's defense...
Sep 4The Sooners have several players with multiple roles on...
Photoview all 66 photos
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated