Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops unhappy with defensive performance vs. West Virginia
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey, Stephanie Kuzydym and Jenni Carlson provided live coverage of Bob Stoops' Oklahoma football press conference via Twitter. It followed OU's 50-49 win over West Virginia. OU takes on Oklahoma State on Saturday in Norman.
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said the Sooners' defense had a "poor game" vs. West Virginia on Saturday, despite OU coming out with the 50-49 victory.
WVU receiver/running back Tavon Austin had a career day vs. the Sooners with more than 550 all-purpose yards.
Stoops, speaking at his weekly press conference, said Austin was able to rack up that kind of yardage due to missed tackles and bad defensive schemes.
Stoops said his Sooners will be challenged again in this weekend's Bedlam game vs. Oklahoma State.
Kickoff for the game in Norman is set for 2:30 p.m.
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey, Stephanie Kuzydym and Jenni Carlson provided live coverage of Stoops' press conference via Twitter. Here is a look at what else the coach had to say:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Nov 19The Sooners senior quarterback prepares to play his final...
Nov 19OU's head coach discusses the wacky win in West Virginia...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims