Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops will keep Big 12 opinions to himself
Stoops: “We have our opinions, but I'm not gonna go stating them.”
Videoview all videos
Oct 16The Sooners senior quarterback talks about the big win...
Oct 15The Sooners head coach recaps his team's dominating...
Photoview all 127 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Offensive Player of the Game was the entire offense.
THOMAS NAMED ARMY PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Oklahoma quarterback commit Cody Thomas, from Colleyville (Texas) Heritage, was named this week's U.S. Army All-American Bowl High School Player of the Week for his performance in last Friday's 56-47 win at Irving MacArthur.
Thomas threw for 541 yards and seven touchdowns. It was his second straight seven-TD outing, but what made the performance even more impressive was the poise he displayed after MacArthur jumped to an quick three-touchdown lead to start the game.
Thomas committed to OU in May after receiving a scholarship offer from Sooners co-offensive coordinator Josh Heupel. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound senior is also a standout on the baseball diamond, leading many to speculate that he might forego Oklahoma if he's drafted by a Major League Baseball team in June.
SOONERS-IRISH CLASH SET FOR PRIMETIME KICK
Oklahoma's Oct. 27 home game against Notre Dame will kick off at 7 p.m. and be televised nationally by ABC, the Big 12 Conference announced Monday.
As long as both teams take care of business at home Saturday — Oklahoma against Kansas, Notre Dame against BYU — the Fighting Irish's first trip to Norman since 1966 will be a clash of BCS top-10 teams.
OU was ranked ninth in 2012's first BCS standings, which were released Sunday. Unbeaten Notre Dame came in at No. 5 in the BCS.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort