Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops won't address OU's previous struggles at Texas Tech with the team
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey and Stephanie Kuzydym provided live coverage from Bob Stoops' press conference at OU today. OU takes on Texas Tech in Lubbock on Saturday.
NORMAN — Bob Stoops said he won’t address with his team Oklahoma’s struggles at Texas Tech, where the Sooners haven’t won since 2003, leading up to Saturday’s game in Lubbock, Texas.
“We’ll address what we have to do ... to win down there,” Stoops said.
“For instance, it didn’t matter to Tech how many times we won here. The last time they were here before last year, we beat them 62-10 or whatever the heck it was; it didn’t seem to matter a year ago.
“Everyone wants to tie years to other years, and I don’t see it that way.”
Texas Tech beat Oklahoma 41-38 in Norman last season. The year before that, in 2010, the Sooners beat Texas Tech 45-7 in Norman.
The year Stoops was likely referring to was 2008, when Texas Tech walked onto Owen Field ranked No. 2 in the country and left a 65-21 loser.
The last time OU beat Texas Tech in Lubbock was 2003, a 56-25 victory.
Here's a look at Bob Stoops' and Landry Jones' comments from the weekly media luncheon:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?