Oklahoma football: Bronson Irwin explains why linemen don't wear sleeves
Irwin loves the cold. The mid-50 degree weather predicted for game day between Oklahoma and Notre Dame? Even better.
NORMAN — Bronson Irwin loves the cold. The mid-50 degree weather predicted for game day between Oklahoma and Notre Dame? Even better. The Sooners' right guard may be from Mustang, but he welcomed what fans and players were calling “Irish weather.”
Videoview all videos
Oct 26The Fighting Irish visited The Children's Center in...
Oct 26Oct. 26, 2012: Mike Sherman leads a Google Hangout...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
That's beautiful. I wouldn't have it any other way. Anything over 65 or 70 is just too hot. The colder it gets, the better for me.
I like cool. I like cool and a little breeze. Works out fine for me.
I'd rather be cold than hot.
Linemen don't where sleeves.
It's kind of an understood thing. Even if it's cold, you don't wear sleeves.
I can't tell you the last time I wore sleeves. During a football game, if you're over 300 pounds you don't wear sleeves.
If you're thinking about being cold then you're thinking about the wrong things.
There's really no need for them. Once you get going your body heats up, it's not an issue anyway but we don't wear sleeves up front. Ever.
Coach Patton doesn't wear sleeves either. He's a tough guy from Ohio. … He's a firm believer in linemen don't wear sleeves.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister