Here is a tale-of-the-tape comparison of the Oklahoma and Texas A&M football programs:
* Texas A&M 10-2 (6-2 SEC) — Oklahoma 10-2 (8-1 Big 12)
Both of each teams' losses came to current top-10 teams at home.
* Texas A&M 18 — Oklahoma 44
The Sooners shared a conference title this year; Texas A&M's last one came in 1998, when it won the Big 12.
RECOGNIZED NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
* Texas A&M 1 (1939) — Oklahoma 7 (1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000)
The Aggies also claim national titles from 1919 and 1927.
* Fightin' Texas Aggie Band — The Pride of Oklahoma
When Texas A&M was in the Big 12, its outstanding band was always an exciting element of hosting the Aggies.
Texas A&M: Midnight Yell Practice/12th man — Oklahoma: Sooner Schooner
Over 25,000 people regularly attend A&M's yell practice the night before games.
HEAD COACH SALARY
* Kevin Sumlin $2.436 million — Bob Stoops $4.55 million
This is Sumlin's first season at A&M; Stoops' base salary in 1999, his first season, was $600,000
NOTABLE 2013 COMMITMENT
* Texas A&M: DT Justin Manning (Dallas Kimball) — Oklahoma: QB Cody Thomas (Colleyville Heritage)
Manning is former Sooner defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger's brother, and announced the Aggies as his choice Thursday.
FAMOUS PROGRAM ALUM
* Texas A&M: John David Crow — Oklahoma: Sam Bradford
Crow won the Heisman Trophy as a halfback in 1957. He was the school's only Heisman winner until Johnny Manziel this year.