Oklahoma football: Fans go through stages of grief
After watching the Sooners fall to Kansas State, we've taken comments from NewsOK.com and emails to provide examples of fans experiencing each stage.
NORMAN — Oklahoma football fans — like fans of most any sports team — can be a fickle bunch, especially after a loss.
The Sooners' most recent setback last weekend sent even the most loyal of fans into their usual post-loss stages of grief.
Like the Kubler-Ross model for stages a person goes through when dealing with a lost loved one or their own impending mortality — denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance — the...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims