Oklahoma football: Fans go through stages of grief
After watching the Sooners fall to Kansas State, we've taken comments from NewsOK.com and emails to provide examples of fans experiencing each stage.
NORMAN — Oklahoma football fans — like fans of most any sports team — can be a fickle bunch, especially after a loss.
The Sooners' most recent setback last weekend sent even the most loyal of fans into their usual post-loss stages of grief.
Like the Kubler-Ross model for stages a person goes through when dealing with a lost loved one or their own impending mortality — denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance — the...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?