Oklahoma football: Grading the OU Sooners' 50-49 victory at West Virginia
OU REPORT CARD — The Sooner offense gets its highest marks for being clutch, but Mike Stoops and the defense have some explaining to do.
Videoview all videos
Nov 18Landry Jones threw for 554 yards and 6 touchdowns, four...
Nov 18Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey recap the Sooners' 50-49...
Photoview all 23 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Third-and-long: A. The Sooners converted five third downs in which they needed more than five yards to keep the drive alive. Landry Jones completed five of nine passes in such situations.
Atmosphere: B. The Mountaineers put on a good show, but Milan Puskar Stadium had huge patches of empty seats. You can thank Thanksgiving break. The WVU dorms closed down Friday and won't reopen until Nov. 25. Call it a Thanksgiving break, but also deer season opens Monday, and most everything shuts down in West Virginia for deer season, just like in southeastern Oklahoma.
Belldozer: D. The Sooners five times went to their short-yardage specialty. It worked just twice and failed miserably in the final minute, when Blake Bell was stuffed for a yard loss on 3rd-and-2 from the West Virginia 4-yard line.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims