Oklahoma football: Kansas State's season outcome could determine Sooners' bowl fate
The Sooners could possibly have a rematch against the Wildcats or Notre Dame.
Videoview all videos
Nov 1Depending on how the rest of the regular season goes, the...
Nov 1Where is the Sooner's motivation now that the team is out...
Oct 30The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey talks about reaction to...
Oct 29Oklahoma's head coach looks back at the tough loss to...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Might the Fiesta Bowl decide to pit Oklahoma against Kansas State, which beat it 24-19 on Sept. 22 in Norman?
It's unlikely, but not entirely out of the question.
The more plausible scenario involves Kansas State finishing ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in the final BCS standings, and OU getting a shot at avenging its other 2012 home loss.
A Fiesta Bowl representative told The Oklahoman last weekend that an Oklahoma-Notre Dame rematch would be possible if the Wildcats play in the national championship game.
Of course, a lot can happen between now and the end of the regular season. Depending on which schools become BCS qualifiers, and what agreements those schools or their conferences have with certain bowls, a two-loss OU squad could be left out of major bowls altogether.
The other possibility is that the Sooners simply lose another game; while a third regular-season loss wouldn't 100 percent dismantle OU's BCS chances, it definitely would diminish their likelihood.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater