Oklahoma football: Landry Jones' 50th game as a Sooner ends the same as the 1st
Videoview all videos
Jan 5Johnny Manziel proved far too fast and elusive for the...
Jan 5Jason Kersey and Jenni Carlson break down the 2013 AT&T...
Photoview all 78 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
It's a biblical quote that Jones usually wears on his shoes. For his last game though, he decided to wear it on his right shoulder.
His 50th career start, after all, was the 50th consecutive one of his career. Jones said earlier this season that he never even missed a high school football game
If a reporter asked him why he stayed so healthy, sometimes he'd knock on wood. Other times he'd shrug. But he always followed up his actions with words that he was able to play because of his beliefs, his faith.
So he walked off the game as the loser instead of the winner. He looks it at exactly like he looks at the sack: “It's part of the game.”
The best part for Jones was that he walked off still able to play, able to prepare for a possible career in the NFL — where he said he'll continue to work on his movement outside the pocket.
He was just pleased that for another game his bones were protected.
“It worked tonight,” Jones said. “I came out healthy again.
“I got to play four years without any injuries. That's part of him protecting me out there on the field.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims