Oklahoma football: Landry Jones says connection with Justin Brown coming along
OU quarterback has been making adjustments to Brown's long stride. “I haven't had that type of receiver yet,” Jones said of the Penn State transfer.
JONES SAYS CONNECTION WITH BROWN COMING ALONG
Quarterback Landry Jones said the chemistry between him and incoming receiver Justin Brown, a senior transfer from Penn State, is “coming along.”
Videoview all videos
Aug 23Jason Kersey talks about UTEP coach Mike Price. OU opens...
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Jones said Brown is different from any other receiver he's worked with because he's a “long strider.”
“I haven't had that type of receiver yet,” Jones said. “It's just being able to put the ball out in front of him. It's a little bit different from any of the other guys that we got. It's coming along and we're doing really good right now.”
Brown, who arrived at OU in early August, is expected to start as an outside receiver for the Sooners, along with freshman Trey Metoyer. Junior Kenny Stills will likely be the starting slot receiver.
MIKE STOOPS IS NOT BRENT VENABLES
Defensive coordinator Mike Stoops was asked this week about the transition of guys like Tom Wort from former defensive coordinator Brent Venables to Stoops.
“I told him I'm not Coach Venables,” Stoops said. “I'm my own personality.”
Stoops wanted Wort to just be himself, too. Together, they kept moving forward. Now Stoops sees Wort taking steps toward helping the team win.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges